Please note – in the days leading up to Jamie’s finish time of 1pm on Monday the 3rd February, Jamie will post an estimated timeline of his movement and encourage people to join him on the final days of his historic 5,000 mile journey across Canada. Please follow Jamie in the following ways:
- Via his near real-time tracker: http://jamie.t24solo.com/
- On Twitter: www.twitter.com/MrJamieMcDonald
- On Facebook: www.facebook.com/AdventuremanJamieMcDonald/
We will update more regularly on the final day of his run into Vancouver to ensure members of the public that wish to run with or cheer Jamie on as he passes are aware of his whereabouts.
The itinerary once Jamie has arrived in Vancouver is as follows:
- Jamie will arrive at West 28th and Heather at approximately 12.45pm PST.
- From there at 1pm, he will run into BC Children’s Hospital grounds through West 28th entrance following road to main entrance where he will be greeted by staff, spectators and patients and speak to those assembled and conduct media interviews
- Jamie will depart at approximately 1.45pm
- From here, Jamie will run to the Terry Fox memorial statue outside of B.C. Place Stadium, Pacific Boulevard. Members of the public are encouraged to run with Jamie to the statue. It is a 5km run from the hospital to the plaza and it is estimated Jamie will arrive there at 2.45pm, when he will also thank those who have supported his journey and pay homage to Terry, who has been a fantastic inspiration for Jamie and countless others.
- After some time at the statue, Jamie will then continue west until he reaches English Bay Beach, where he will dip his hand into the Pacific Ocean – more than 200 marathons after doing the same in the Atlantic.
Tuesday 4th February:
- 30km run to mile zero (end of the TransCanada highway) from the Swartz Bay ferry port. Run will be from 9am to 3pm. (More details of this will be announced shortly)
If you have suggestions or would like to organise any celebrations based around these timings, please do feel free – there are currently no other plans but Jamie would love to talk at schools throughout his stay in Vancouver and is open to ideas.
Jamie will leave Vancouver the evening of the 11th February.
During his stay he will also visit for a tour of BC Children’s Hospital (likely Friday the 7th February)
Thank you all for your support!